Cracked concrete can give homeowners hassles as well as compromise the structural integrity of a driveway, patio, or walkway. Regardless of the origin of the fracture — drying shrinkage, water seepage, thermal movement, or other factors – professionals can take advantage of National Home Improvement Month in May by assisting homeowners in making concrete repairs to their homes
Rather than incurring the cost of removing an existing concrete slab and building a new one, repairing and resurfacing existing concrete is a more manageable project for a homeowner, since it can be performed over the course of a weekend.
While you’re out visiting homes for consultations, here’s a list of the most typical concrete repair issues and product recommendations. Our technical service team is available to answer specific inquiries about product use and projects.
The Top 5 Concrete Repair Issues
1. Brick Mortar Cracks: Repair deteriorating mortar joints and cracks in concrete and masonry walls (from 1/8″ to 3/8″ wide) (including brick or block).
2. Cracks in a Concrete Driveway or Slab: A polymer-based repair compound can be used to swiftly repair cracks in a concrete driveway or slab that are 12″ broad to 14″ deep.
3. Broken Concrete Steps: Use a Fast Setting Cement Patcher to repair broken, cracked, or chipped concrete steps.
4. Worn, Flaking, or Pitted Concrete Slabs: Use an easy-to-apply resurfacer product to restore worn, flaked, or pitted concrete to like-new condition. (Perfect for 12″ to feather edge applications.)
5. Uneven Concrete Slabs: To feather edge, level, refinish, and patch uneven concrete slabs with a maximum depth of 12″.
Call us at (202) 559 – 8998 or visit our website concretedc.com if you live in Arlington, VA and want to hire a professional to repair your concrete.